What’s dubbed as the ‘Grand Final’ of the Aussie Supercars season is scheduled for this weekend at Mount Panorama, Yep the big one; BATHURST.
The team at Mr TAB have been researching for the big race and will give you the insight into who you should be looking to back.
This year we have had 5 winners across 24 races;
· Scott McLaughlin, – 17 races (71%)
· Shane van Gisbergen – 3 wins
· Fabian Coulthard – 2 wins
· Chaz Mostert – 1 win
· Jamie Whincup – 1 win
In saying that, and as you have heard, when it comes to the big one, recent form doesn’t mean much. Anyone can win. Why? Because this is an endurance race over 161 laps that is one of the most difficult on the planet to win, it takes a lot of concentration for an extended period, pace and reliability and despite current results, really does require a little bit of magic to fall your way. Now that we have got that out of the way, lets see who we think are the real contenders:
TOP PICK: CAR 17 Scott McLaughlin/Premat $3.75 – he is the current champion and leads the table this year; he has that new Mustang galloping at almost every track AND he has never conquered the big one. This makes the current champ hungry for the win, we know he has the pace, and this + the supreme DJR Penske team all point to a car 17 victory.
– MAIN DANGER: CAR 888 Jamie Whincup/Lowndes$4.00 – is teamed up with 7-time Bathurst winner Craig Lowndes. These guys will be tough to beat and should land on one of the top 3 spots!
DANGER: CAR 9 David Reynolds/Youlden $9.00 – loves this place and his co-driver also has an affinity with the place as together they achieved victory in 2017 $9 Looks juicy!
We also like for a TOP 6 finish:
Cameron Waters $2.10 – has good pace in the Mustang this year
– Scott Pye $7.00 – is teamed up with the ultra-experienced Warren Luff
– Nick Percat $5.00 – Has won the big one before, and knows his way around the mountain.
CAR 18: WINTERBOTTOM/RICARDS: $26!
Keep your eyes peeled for the drivers above throughout practice on Thursday and Friday and the top 10 shootout on Saturday.